Saturday, 23 July 2011

EMBRACE THE RED..

I've been thinking about changing my barnet the last few days.
I am a natural redhead and have not embraced my natural copper/strawberry blonde hair for many years now experimenting with colours and pretty much attempting to cover up the fact that I am a ginger!
This is terrible I will admit, mum always said 'people would love to have that colour!' but constant teasing has for years convinced me otherwise!
I could sympathise with Nicola Roberts from Girls Aloud when she spoke about the way she felt, that she she didnt fit in with the other band members and didnt feel attractive.
I am aware that hair colour may seem a very trivial thing to be unhappy with or explore at such lengths but I felt such an outcast at school often the only one in a class and still today the butt of many a joke.
However if you flick through any magazine these days.....am I right in thinking that suddenly its much more trendy? I'm not sure whether to thank style icon Rhianna or people like the model Lily Cole or Nicola Roberts?
I even have friends who ask me advice on how to maintain dyed red locks!?





                                       
   from the top (l to r) RHIANNA - THIS VIVID SHADE HAS CREATED A MAJOR TREND IN HAIR COLOUR IT IS FAB YOU MUST ADMIT       HER HAIRDRESSING BILL IS NO DOUBT MORE THAN MY YEARLY WAGE!
                       FLORENCE WELCH - AMAZING ARTIST AND SUH COOL QUIRKY FASHION!
                                        UNA FROM THE SATURDAYS - IRISH REDHEAD AND SO ENVIOUSLY GORGEOUS!
                                        GLEE GUIDANCE COUNCILLOR (JAYMA MAYS) - JUST LOVE HER SO QUIRKY :)
                                        AMY CHILDS (TOWIE) - CHANGED MANY AN OPINION THAT YOU MUST BE BLONDE! I FIND HER HILARIOUS!


So maybe as I get older I am becoming more comfortable in myself or maybe my hair is beginning to resemble a bail of hay from years of dying :) haha but suddenly I think its time to return and be natural!


Is anyone a fellow closet redhead? Do you ever feel the want to embrace it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :) xx